Precision Rifle League Forums Orion Mountain Challenge (OMC) Advice on Rifle Choice PRL

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Simon Edwards 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Simon Edwards
    Participant

I am looking at entering one stage of the PRL next year probably at Orion. I am an experienced shooter; mainly FClass but looking for something new. Heard lots of good stuff about the PRL. I have agreement from Central Funds (wife) to buy a new rifle and wondering best options for Factory or perhaps Open class. I am pretty much settled on 6.5 Creedmore as the calibre, on the basis that there are a wide range of easily obtainable consumables. Some people have mentioned that there is no advantage in scopes with greater magnification than 25 power, but Scope Reticule is important?

Shot a Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmore last week with a March FFP Scope which was very nice but the scope will be over budget for “Factory”.

I have always liked the AI AX and shot these in 308 & 338. Speaking with one of the PRL people on the Target Shooting show stand, AI do a 6.5 Creedmore AX which would be Open class.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar