Precision Rifle League Forums Reloading Recommended 6.5 CM loads

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert fowles 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tim Brush
    Participant

I am hoping to shortly collect my new 6.5 CM build from the gunsmith and I am looking for recommendations for projectiles to start off the load development.

I’ve picked up some 142 SMKs and will probably look at the 130 TMKs. What else is good and not too expensive?

Robert fowles
    Participant

Well over the years i’ve the used the 139 scenar and the 136 scenar L and settled on the latter which has excellent performance even through transonic and subsonic in my 260 and comes just under the others in price

Tim Brush
    Participant

That’s a good shout and an option I hadn’t considered. Could I ask what powder you are using and the speeds achieved using the Scenar? Thanks

Robert fowles
    Participant

i use h4350 i still have enoungh to do 1 more comp speeds are 2850-2860 however i can’t buy anymore due to reach, so i’ve been playing with rs60 and it seems good so far, it still needs some refinement and i need to test it through transonic before i start bulk reloading for it. The speeds achieved with rs 60 in 260 rem and 136 scenar L are ranging from max load at 3050 and my most accurate node so far at 2850

Tim Brush
    Participant

That’s a very good speeds from the Scenars. But the big question is are the scenars allowable for steel shooting? I am sure I remember seeing something about them trashing steels….

Robert fowles
    Participant

They turn into fine dust and copper jacket shards as soon as they hit armour plate atleast they do on my ar500 armour plate here,
    What you could be thinking of are monolithic soild bullets and or plain fmj

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  Robert fowles.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar