Precision Rifle League Forums General Discussion Rules and Standard Operating Procedures Published

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex White 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tiff Dew
    Keymaster

The PRL Rules & S.O.P.’S are now displayed HERE . They will be available in a PDF to download shortly.

Ronin
    Participant

Hi Tiff

Thank you for posting the rules

ELR matches – will there be an expectation to use standard rifles or will there be a class specifically for larger calibres – 338 et al ?

Just wondering if I should remove my 338 from sale !

Tiff Dew
    Keymaster

Hi Ronin,

A very good question and you’ve possibly found the only significant omission in the published rules… The ELR challenge section is still under final review. The pairs/team element is personally my favourite part of longer range shooting. It’s not only enjoyable to shoot, but also just watching a team work flawlessly together is very impressive.

Due to the team element, ELR events will not count towards the PRL Leaderboard and as such can accommodate larger calibers. It is very feasible a one day PRL challenge could be preceded or followed by an ELR challenge. A format I’ve used for the RRC for many years. This ELR Challenge (depending on the range/available targets) could also quite feasibly run concurrently with the practice/training day for those not competing.

So yes, depending on what the other MD’s have planned, it may be wise to hold onto the .338.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Tiff Dew.

Ronin
    Participant

Ok

Thank you ,

With that in mind would there be any advantage in repeater over single shot and is there (if this can be answered) an upper calibre limit

(375, 408, 416, 50 ,,,,,,,)

Tiff Dew
    Keymaster

It’s too early to give a definitive answer to either… Although from my perspective distance buys time, so the repeater element is less of a requirement. Especially as it will be at least 80% prone, so loading is less of an issue. Sorry it’s not a more comprehensive response, it is the one section that still needs refining to ensure consistency across different venues. I aim to publish the complete ELR section by the tenth of January.

Alex White
    Participant

Hi Tiff,

Whats the rules on using tripods for rear support on the barricade stages in the PRL matches to come?

Tiff Dew
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Nothing in the rules against it. Although clever stage design may limit their use…

Also ELR rules are now finalised and will be updated shortly.

Alex White
    Participant

Great Stuff Tiff,

Worth asking the question, looking forward to those clever stages 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar